SUMMER 2015 FIELD COURSE OFFERINGS
Curiosity Rover On Mars
IU on Mars: David Bish and Juergen Schieber article on Inside IU Bloomington
NASA: Latest News from Mars
Finding life beyond Earth: JPL | NASA | NOVA
Faculty links: David Bish | Juergen Schieber | CheMin PPT
News and Events
G420 Regional Tectonic field trip: May 10-23, 2015. A regional tectonic field course across the Appalachians from central Pennsylvania to Boston crossing many suspect terranes is being offered. More information.
Would you like to donate to IU Geological Sciences? Click on the "Give Now" button to view all the funding choices, including the Excellence in Geology Fund and the Mary Iverson Graduate Fellowship in Geological Sciences
Research Focus Sites
OIINK Seismic Research Experiment
Shale Research Lab
Organic Matter from the Santa Barbara Basin
Southern Caribbean Plate Boundary Studies
Exploring Deep-Subsurface Life Podcasts
South Aegean Volcanic Arc Database
Professional Societies, Student Chapters
- GRADUATE STUDENTS |
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Kaj Johnson, Director of Graduate Admissions.
- Graduate Student 2014-2015 Handbook and Forms
- Travel Request Forms
- UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS |
- Jim Brophy, Director of Undergraduate Studies,
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Academic Advisor. HOURS: Mondays and Thursdays, by appointment only. Make appointments at StarNet
- Undergraduate classes in geological sciences.
- Summer 2015 Geosciences Schedule of Classes
- April 20: Gordon Grant, USDA/Oregon State University. Title: From volcanoes to rivers: co-evolution of hydrologic and geomorphic processes in the Oregon Cascades
4:00 p.m. GY143. Refreshments served at 3:30 in the Geology lobby. more