- Prospective Graduate Students |
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Grad Student 2017-2018 Handbook and Forms
- Prospective Undergraduate Students |
- Kaj Johnson, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Advisor
- Spring 2018 Courses in EAS
- Department Staff
- 2017-18 Department Directory | (PDF)
- 2016-17 Hoosier Geologic Record | PDF
- BSES Program
- Indiana Geological and Water Survey
- IU Judson Mead Geologic Field Station
- EAS Library Resources
News and Announcements
Grand Staircase, Home to Countless Dinosaur Fossils, Could Be Destroyed by Mining
(Op-Ed) By P. David Polly, President of the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology | November 30, 2017
Quoting Live Science Magazine, "President Donald Trump is expected to make a big announcement in Utah this Monday (Dec. 4), where he will detail the government’s plan to shrink two of the state's national monuments: Grand Staircase-Escalante and Bears Ears, according to news sources." Read David Polly’s Op-Ed about Grand Staircase Escalante and Bears Ears in Live Science.
EAS Faculty search: Assistant/Associate Professor in Climate Modeling
The Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at Indiana University (IU) Bloomington invites applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant or Associate level in climate modeling to begin in Fall 2018. Applicants with strengths in earth system modeling, large-scale climate dynamics, land-climate-ocean interactions, or paleoclimate and evolution of Earth’s atmosphere are especially encouraged to apply. Read more about the position and how to apply.
Events and Outreach
- Colloquia will resume January 8, 2018.
There is a blog about the research going on in the College of Arts and Sciences at IU. Graduate student Anna Nowicki Jessee is a member of the editorial board and a writer for the blog.