- Prospective Graduate Students |
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Grad Student 2017-2018 Handbook and Forms
- Prospective Undergraduate Students |
- Kaj Johnson, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Advisor
- Spring 2018 Courses in EAS
- Department Staff
- 2017-18 Department Directory | (PDF)
- 2016-17 Hoosier Geologic Record | PDF
- BSES Program
- Indiana Geological and Water Survey
- IU Judson Mead Geologic Field Station
- EAS Library Resources
News and Announcements
Earthquake Felt in Bloomington This Morning
A small earthquake (M3.8) struck the Illinois-Indiana border region this morning—close to the epicenter of the 2008 Mt. Carmel, Illinois earthquake. It was felt in Bloomington! Here is a copy of the seismogram recorded at our local seismic station BLO. Apparently it was felt in Bloomington. Read more about the earthquake
ExxonMobil Geoscience will be recruiting this month
September 25-27, Robert Wenger Jr. will be in-house recruiting for ExxonMobil Geoscience. Applicants are required to fill out an online application and post a copy of their resume on www.exxonmobil.com/apply one week prior to interviewing with our campus recruiter. Copies of transcripts should also be posted or brought to the interview. At this stage of the process, "unofficial" school versions of transcripts will be accepted as attachments to the online submittal.The recruiter will conduct a pre-interview presentation on September 25th. The time and location of the orientation will be designated by the Department. Here’s more information about this opportunity
EAS Faculty search: Assistant/Associate Professor in Climate Modeling
The Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at Indiana University (IU) Bloomington invites applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant or Associate level in climate modeling to begin in Fall 2018. Applicants with strengths in earth system modeling, large-scale climate dynamics, land-climate-ocean interactions, or paleoclimate and evolution of Earth’s atmosphere are especially encouraged to apply. Read more about the position and how to apply.
Events and Outreach
- September 25: Lixin Wang, IUPUI. Title: Ecohydrology in water-stressed environments - an isotope perspective 4:00 in GY 143. Refreshments served at 3:30 in the Geology lobby.
- September 25-27: ExxonMobil Geoscience recruiting
There is a blog about the research going on in the College of Arts and Sciences at IU. Graduate student Anna Nowicki Jessee is a member of the editorial board and a writer for the blog.
Science Fest is next month!
The Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences will be participating in Science Fest 2017. Join us on Saturday, October 21st from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM at the Kirkwood Hall Pavillion and in the Student Building. Read more about this year›s Festival here.