- Prospective Graduate Students |
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Grad Student 2017-2018 Handbook and Forms
- Prospective Undergraduate Students |
- Kaj Johnson, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Advisor
- Spring 2018 Courses in EAS
- Department Staff
- 2017-18 Department Directory
- 2017-18 HGR (interactive) | PDF
- BSES Program
- Indiana Geological and Water Survey
- IU Judson Mead Geologic Field Station
- EAS Library Resources
News and Announcements
EAS Faculty search: Assistant/Associate Professor in Climate Modeling
The Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at Indiana University (IU) Bloomington invites applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant or Associate level in climate modeling to begin in Fall 2018. Applicants with strengths in earth system modeling, large-scale climate dynamics, land-climate-ocean interactions, or paleoclimate and evolution of Earth’s atmosphere are especially encouraged to apply. Read more about the position and how to apply.
Grand Staircase, Home to Countless Dinosaur Fossils, Could Be Destroyed by Mining
Read David Polly’s Op-Ed about Grand Staircase Escalante and Bears Ears in Live Science.
Update to SVP lawsuit: In December 2017, the White House announced that it would reduce the boundaries of both monuments, thus removing literally hundreds of scientifically important paleo localities from the protection and the funding associated with monument status. The Society, along with partner organizations, has filed lawsuits to reverse this decision because of its impact on science. Read more about this lawsuit.
Events and Outreach
- January 22-29: No Colloquium - Faculty Candidate Search
There is a blog about the research going on in the College of Arts and Sciences at IU. Graduate student Anna Nowicki Jessee is a member of the editorial board and a writer for the blog.