- Prospective Graduate Students |
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Grad Student 2016-2017 Handbook and Forms
- Prospective Undergraduate Students |
- Kaj Johnson, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Advisor
- Fall 2017 Courses in EAS
- 2016-17 Department Directory | (PDF)
- 2016-17 Hoosier Geologic Record | PDF
- BSES Program
- Indiana Geological Survey
- IU Judson Mead Geologic Field Station
- EAS Library Resources
News and Announcements
Spring semester Environmental and Energy Diplomacy seminar ends with a diplomatic conference call.
May 2, 2017: G690/490 Environmental and Energy Diplomacy seminar’s final exam was a video conference briefing with the US Ambassador to Vietnam, Ted Osius. Five EAS students took part: Alex McLean, Amelia Nelson and Grace Carlson (undergrad majors) and Erin Benson and Chris Helou (grad students). A great experience for our students, and a neat feather in the cap for our Diplomacy Lab program. Big thanks to John Rupp (IGS and SPEA) for contributing his time and expertise to make the class a great success. Read more about the final
We are now the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences.
Here’s an article about the name change in News at IU Bloomington.
Curiosity Rover: IU Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Mars research
- NASA: Latest News from Mars
- Looking for life beyond Earth: JPL | NASA | NOVA
- Faculty links: Juergen Schieber
Events and Outreach
- Colloquia will resume in the Fall.
Lab Technician position in IGS
There are two lab technician jobs open in the Indiana Geological Survey. These are part-time, hourly positions, 25-29 hours/week from May through August 2017. Contact Pat McLaughlin (office S319, email firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.