- Prospective Graduate Students |
- Simon Brassell, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Admissions.
- Grad Student 2015-2016 Handbook and Forms
- Prospective Undergraduate Students |
- Jim Brophy, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Advisor
- 2015-16 Department Directory | (PDF)
- Hoosier Geologic Record
- BSES Program
- Indiana Geological Survey
- IU Judson Mead Geologic Field Station
- Geological Science Library
Student Chapters, Professional Societies
News and Announcements
Recent publication chosen for the cover of Geology
Doug Edmonds and Rebecca Caldwell, a grad student working with Edmonds, are co-authors on the paper entitled, Fluvio-deltaic avulsions during relative sea-level fall. The paper was recently chosen for the cover of Geology. More information
IU Researcher gives Hydrogeochemistry talk at the Goldschmidt Silver Anniversary Conference
Professor Chen Zhu presented a talk at the 2015 Goldschmidt Silver Anniversary Conference in Prague, CZ. Title: Hydrogeochemistry: Major Advances in Past 25 Years (1990-2015) and Projection for the Next 25 Years . More information
Curiosity Rover: IU Geological Sciences Mars research
- NASA: Latest News from Mars
- Looking for life beyond Earth: JPL | NASA | NOVA
- Faculty links: David Bish | Juergen Schieber
If you would like to donate to IU Geological Sciences:
Click on the "Give Now" button to view all the opportunities for supporting the Department, including the Mary Iverson Graduate Fellowship.
Events and Outreach
- August 31 Adam Ward, IU School of Public and Environmental Affairs. Title: Advancing the use of electrical geophysical techniques to characterize hyporheic and riparian transport.
4:00 p.m. GY143. Refreshments served at 3:30 in the Geology lobby.
2015 Recruiting Schedule
- September 22 – Chevron Exploration