- Prospective Graduate Students |
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Grad Student 2016-2017 Handbook and Forms
- Prospective Undergraduate Students |
- Kaj Johnson, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Advisor
- Fall 2016 Courses in Geological Sciences
- 2016-17 Department Directory | (PDF)
- Hoosier Geologic Record
- BSES Program
- Indiana Geological Survey
- IU Judson Mead Geologic Field Station
- Geological Sciences Library Resources
News and Announcements
Geophysicist Robert Blakley
Robert (Bob) Blakely passed away late last week at his home in Baton Rouge at the age of 95. Bob was a highly talented geophysicist who worked both with the Department of Geology and the Indiana Geological Survey from 1949 through his retirement in 1986. More information
Curiosity Rover: IU Geological Sciences Mars research
- NASA: Latest News from Mars
- Looking for life beyond Earth: JPL | NASA | NOVA
- Faculty links: Juergen Schieber
Events and Outreach
- October 3: Colloquium is cancelled for October 3rd.
Tutoring study hours with GeoClub
GeoClub is hosting tutoring/study hours again this semester, every Monday from 5:00pm-7:00pm in room G24. Feel free to come with geology class related questions, and/or for a great place to study.
A new blog about the research going on in the College of Arts and Sciences at IU launched on August 22nd. GeoSci graduate student Anna Nowicki Jesse is a member of the editorial board and a writer for the blog.