- Prospective Graduate Students |
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Grad Student 2016-2017 Handbook and Forms
- Prospective Undergraduate Students |
- Kaj Johnson, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Advisor
- Spring 2017 Courses in Geological Sciences
- 2016-17 Department Directory | (PDF)
- 2016-17 Hoosier Geologic Record | PDF
- BSES Program
- Indiana Geological Survey
- IU Judson Mead Geologic Field Station
- EAS Library Resources
News and Announcements
We are now the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences.
Here’s an article about the name change in News at IU Bloomington.
IU EAS Professor David Bish awarded a Fulbright US Scholar Grant (Fellowship)
During the spring of 2018, Dave will spend six months in Napoli, Italy, studying cultural artifacts from Pompeii. Scientists working there recently discovered a ceramic workshop in ancient Pompeii where all stages of ceramic production are represented. More about Dave’s work
Professor Michael Hamburger gave a keynote address at first Diplomacy Lab Symposium
The Diplomacy Lab is a program that Michael helped initiate last year; several students from the Environmental and Energy Diplomacy class also presented their work. Developed in departments ranging from Jewish Studies to Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, student projects spotlighted at the event bore out this multi-pronged approach to foreign policy. Read about the symposium.
Curiosity Rover: IU Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Mars research
- NASA: Latest News from Mars
- Looking for life beyond Earth: JPL | NASA | NOVA
- Faculty links: Juergen Schieber
Events and Outreach
- Colloquia will resume in the Fall.
- April 26 Special colloquium, Dr. Lee Florea, Assistant Director for Research, IGS. Title: Caves as a conduit for carbon in the critical zone. 4:00 p.m. S201. Refreshments abailable in S201 starting at 3:30.
- April 28 The annual Student Awards Ceremony will be held in GY 143 beginning at 2:00 p.m.
A GIS Analyst Intern Position is open in IU Space Information.
Hours are 15-20/week, salary is $10-15/hr, start date is May 1. Contact Kathy Wiegand for more information. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 812-855-1763.
There is a new blog about the research going on in the College of Arts and Sciences at IU. Graduate student Anna Nowicki Jesse is a member of the editorial board and a writer for the blog.